Sunday, January 1, 2023

2022 - My Writing Year in Review


It's seven in the morning at an Aroma coffee shop in Tel Aviv. There I am, typing on my laptop while drinking my cappuccino. Ignoring the other customers, the grinding of coffee beans, and the hiss of milk being steamed, I concentrate on my writing. Short stories. That's what I'm writing these days.

My three mornings a week at Aroma are when I'm the most productive. Ideas stream onto my screen and I write, revise, edit, improve. 2022 was quite a successful year for me. Eleven of my stories were published. Another 3 are scheduled to be published in early 2023.

Looking ahead into the new year I am very excited, very optimistic. I hope each of my stories will find a good place to be published, but more than that, I am hopeful that Rakiya, my collection of short stories set in Bulgaria, will be published in 2023.

I'm proud of what I accomplished in 2022. Here are my writing statistics for the year:

 

Short stories written

17

Story submissions (including simultaneous submissions)

201

Withdrawals

42

Acceptances

14

Published

11

Stories currently on submission

10

Active Submissions

43

 

Thank you for taking the time to read my stories and share my writing career!


Short stories published in 2022:

 

The Tiger - JewThink, January 5, 2022


Have a Nice Day - Written Tales Magazine, May 3, 2022

  

Heterochromia - Otherwise Engaged Journal, May 30, 2022                          

                   

Jupiter Aligned With Mars - 50 Word Stories, June 30, 2022


Night Shift - Across the Margin, July 19, 2022


Time Shelter by Georgi Gospodinov (book review) - World Literature Today, August 29, 2022      


Running in Time - On the Run, October 28, 2022

                    

A Stand-Up Comedian Walks Into a Bar - Esoterica, November 7, 2022   

                         

The Last Tweet - The Chamber Magazine, December 4, 2022


Mrs. Levinsky’s Old Fiat - Verdad Magazine, December 9, 2022


Musala - Ariel Chart, December 21, 2022                              


Stay tuned for my writing progress in 2023!

 

Related article:

2021 – My Year in Writing


Photo by Thom Milkovic on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment