Friday, May 7, 2021

Iftar

Last night, I joined twenty-five members of my Marketing team at the home of our colleague, Amira, in Kfar Qasim, an Arab city east of Tel Aviv. The occasion was Iftar, the break-the-fast meal eaten by Muslims each evening during the month of Ramadan.

The food, prepared by Amira, her mother and her sister, was served on the long table set in Amira's yard. Roasted chicken, legs of lamb, stuffed peppers and zucchini, tabbouleh salad, stuffed grape leaves, and a variety of kubbeh. Delicious and plentiful, more than we could eat!


Desserts were traditional, and very sweet. Katayef, baklava, and other pastries.


It was such a wonderful experience to share Amira's culture and traditions, even if it was for just one evening. Shukran!

Ramadan Mubarak!


Related article:

I Celebrate Ramadan! On My Own. In My Backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment