Saturday, February 20, 2021

The Tel Aviv Marathon was yesterday. I ran my 10 kilometer race today!

 

It was raining yesterday, and very cold. Luckily, this year the Tel Aviv Marathon races are digital. Not only can you run wherever you are, but you can run whenever you want. The official app is available until the end of the month. Ever since I ran the 10 kilometer race in Tel Aviv two years ago, I have been eager to repeat the experience. This morning, with mostly sunny skies and much warmer temperatures in Neve Ilan, I started my race.

By running at home, I joined some 20,000 participants from 33 countries who were running in the races. The Marathon was organized this year under the slogan "All Running Together Separately". While it would have been great to start my race yesterday morning at the exact same time as runners elsewhere, I was very satisfied running "together separately" today.

Usually Marathon races are competitions. This year in a digital format, they are for pure enjoyment. I have taken up running as a hobby and have had 7 practice runs this month. My pace kept getting better and better. Even so, the Marathon's official app clocked me in a bit slower than what I've been seeing in Nike Run Club, the app I use to track my runs.


What will happen in the future? When will the pandemic subside enough that it will be possible to run Marathon races together, and no longer separately? Will I run in the 2022 Tel Aviv Marathon? I hope so! Until then, I will keep running!

Related articles:


No comments:

Post a Comment